Monday 14 May 2012

So it didn't go according to plan.....

So firstly, I made that cuppa, and grabbed the cake, and took those and the tired wet spaniels for company and went to my little sewing haven to do Kelly's bidding...

And after an hour I realised inspiration had taken a vacation.  I tried all sorts, Stone Garden, nope.... Heather Ross (wouldn't this be great lining with a ready made pocket?) nope....  even my beloved Pezzy, nope......

I just couldn't get it, that eureka moment when you see the fabrics together and know that's what you want to make.....

And then I remembered this Heather Ross Campers pyjama leg.....


Oh, and I got so excited!  I found stuff to go with it - orange dots and turquoise pezzy, solid orange and red linings....

I ironed it....

I folded it.....

I laid the pattern piece on it.........

And it didn't fit!  Oh, I nearly cried.

So then I remembered I have a name badge to make for the retreat, and thought a fussy cut camper would be just the thing....

Could I bring myself to cut one out?  Could I 'eckers like!

So then I stood.... and thought..... and looked one way.... and looked the other way.... and did a double take.... and then I really did have a bit of a gasping sob when I saw this.....

My gorgeous Hometown tote bag with a big dirty OILY stain on the bottom of one side.  I have absolutely no idea how I've managed that, but I'm gutted.  It's currently in the machine with some Ariel biological, and it'll either be ruined by the detergent or ruined by an unshiftable stain.

So not the lovely, peaceful, pottering-about evening I was looking forward to.

Anyway, to make up for the lack of a 241, although this won't appease Kelly, 'cos she's already seen it, here's one I made earlier.

This was made a couple of weeks ago, with Melody Miller typewriters and some matching Kona solids.  I cheated slightly and used some neutral webbing to make the handle, and I gave it a pretty multicoloured lining.  I love it, although I haven't yet had chance to use it.  But you know what?  I know now why I can't find the fabric to make a 241 tonight....



It's because, for me, I already have the perfect one!

4 comments:

  1. aieeeee! I hope the stain comes out! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pennie, you crack me up!! Gutted about your bag, I hope it came out in the wash and I agree your 241 is perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very relieved to pull my bag out of the machine this morning, and once I'd realised it was just inside out lining and not a total disaster, I'm happy to report IT'S CLEAN!!!!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew - that would have sucked if it ruined your pretty bag. I made a 241 and haven't used it yet for fear of breaking it, losing it, ruining it....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, unless you're a spammer, then please don't bother - they won't pass the moderation.