Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Double A Side has landed

OK, so it's all very well spending months sourcing just the right fabric for your 3-year old niece's birthday quilt, designing a double A sided pattern, piecing it all, finishing it with lovely borders, tying it with gorgeous variegated embroidery thread....  

but it's no flippin' good if you then miss the birthday!!  Imagine my horror yesterday when I realised Megan's big day was last Friday, not this week as thought!

Baaaaaad Auntie Pennie....

So, I just about managed to wrap it in more pinkness and get it into the post, special delivery, with a very grovelly card.  It took some doing, letting it go, and I think I might have to start again on the Heather Ross hunt to make another one!  

Anyway, I just got this......


I think she likes it!

7 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
    but the Jewish mother in me wants to ask: what's wrong with the other side? Does she not like the other side????

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks delighted. Clever Auntie Pennie. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful; and Charlotte is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 months effort has got to be worth it for that photo! Looks like one very pleased little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't listen to the bad Jewish Mother!! It looks gorgeous and your niece is adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no - that bad auntie thing would only happen when you'd been so organised! Never mind - she looks very pleased with it, which is not surprising since it looks like every little girl's dream quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, unless you're a spammer, then please don't bother - they won't pass the moderation.