Tuesday 31 May 2016

Foxglove Showcase




Blimey, it's dusty in here, and just look at those cobwebs.....



It's been about 18 months since I last blogged. So it was going to take something pretty special to get me back to it. And here it is. 'Foxglove', the beautiful second collection of Aneela Hoey for Cloud 9 Fabrics, and today it's my turn for the 'Foxglove Showcase'.

With 12 organic quilting cottons to choose from, I wanted a pattern that would show them off to their best advantage, and this Dresden plate pattern was just the thing. (Kelly's pattern reminded me of a smaller version of Aneela's Bloom quilt pattern, which I knew Kelly had made a beautiful version of a few years ago.)  



I picked some Kona solids from my stash, and was lucky enough to find five that matched perfectly.  

Aneela's designs just cry out to be fussy cut, so it was only right I picked one of the gorgeous ginger foxes to grace the centre circle.




Choosing the neutral backing was easy, but deciding on the quilting proved more difficult. I eventually settled on close echo quilting, and I love the texture this gives, along with the different effects that show up in angled light.



I choose two of the directional prints for the back, the navy foxes and the navy foxgloves, and then bound the cushion using the orange stem dots, possibly my favourite from the whole collection.








'Foxglove' is available in stores now, so make sure you get your orders in. Check back on Aneela's blog tomorrow and see who's next on the 'Foxglove Showcase'.

Those stats we all love:

Fabrics: 
FQ bundle of 'Foxglove' by Aneela Hoey
'Crosshatch' by Carolyn Friedlander
Various Kona solids, I'm afraid I don't know the exact colours

Pattern:

'Stacked' by Jeliquilts.

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous cushion made from gorgeous fabric! And it's lovely to see you blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, in all your quilty loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this gorgeous dresden, thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. I would never have thought to layer the dresdens but I so think the design is perfect. The echo quilting does add yet another layer to the design.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, unless you're a spammer, then please don't bother - they won't pass the moderation.